Language Learning Resources
There are a vast number of free, fee, and freemium language learning resources available online offering many different styles and approaches to language learning. We recommend you take a look at a number of different resources, read reviews, try the free versions when available, and see what works best for you. Infosoup does not endorse one site over another. Here are just a few starting places that might be of interest.
On the Web
- Duolingo – Well-known web site and app offering over 90 languges. Free with premium service options.
- Live Lingua – Their tag line is “The world’s first total immersion language school online.” Sign up for a free lesson.
- MEMRise – A popular gamified language learning app.
- Rypeapp – Another company providing live online language instruction. 7 Day free trial available.
- Open Culture – Provides links to free online language resources in 40+ languages.
- LingQ (pronounced “link”) – Another freemium language learning site with lessons for improving your reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills.
- Fluent in 3 Month – Benny the Irish Polyglot shares his method for language learning.
- Mimic Method – A “learn by Ear” approach focusing on learning, hearing, and pronunciation.
- Busuu – Another one of the more well-known freemium services, includes both online lessons and practice with native speakers.
- Michele Thomas – An online, all-audio method from a well-known language instructor. Fee.